Do you think you have a clean mind? The Dirty Minds Game is here to prove you wrong. Using dirty clues for clean answers, it brings out the dirty mind in everyone. Explore the game, rules, dirty mind examples and some strategies you can use to get your dirty mind out of the gutter.
What Is the Dirty Minds Game All About?
This is not an educational board game. However, it is a hilarious adult party game that uses suggestive clues to distract players into making the answers hard to guess. Designed for 2-4 players or teams of players that are 18 and over, you have to try to think clean to win this game. While average play is 45 minutes, this laughter inducing naughty game can lead to hours of fun.
What's in the Box
The Original Dirty Minds Game includes:
- Game cards
- Booklets of clues with answers
How to Play the Original Dirty Minds Game
The first step to having fun is getting your game instructions down. Each player is given a clue booklet. The owner of the game is given the opportunity to go first. The person to the right of the game owner starts by reading a clue from their booklet to the game owner. The game owner has one free chance to guess the answer.
- If the game owner does not guess correctly, the other players can steal.
- If they guess correct, they get three cards.
If no one was able to guess another clue is read, the game owner may choose to use one of their cards to make a guess, if they have any.
- If they are correct, they will get two cards.
- If they are incorrect, other players can try to guess and win cards.
If no one guesses, the third clue will then be read. The game owner must give up another card for another guess.
- If correct, they get one card.
- With an incorrect answer, the "reader" will read the answer.
Play will then move on to the next player.
Letter, Action and Wild Cards
There are various cards that people can draw. They can get:
- Letter cards, which can be D, I, R, T, or Y.
- Wild cards, which can stand in for any letter.
- Action cards, which might have you losing a card or taking two cards.
Deluxe and Ultimate Edition Variations
In the deluxe and ultimate editions, a game board is added which varies the rules slightly. Rather than going around the group, you will roll the dice to find out what type of play you will be making. You might be guessing a clue card in various topics like dirty deeds or dirty thief. You might also land on a space that has you rolling again, losing a turn or losing a card. This adds a new fun element to the game.
Dirty Mind Examples
The suggestive clues are what really bring this party game to life. They are designed to make your mind think dirty when in fact the answers are very clean. For example:
- Clue #1 - Schwarzenegger has a long one.
- Clue #2 - Spike Lee has a short one.
- Clue #3 - The Pope doesn't use his.
The answer: A last name.
- Clue #1 - I'm game.
- Clue #2 - I end in "U C K".
- Clue #3 - I'm horny.
The answer: buck.
- Clue #1 - People eat me.
- Clue #2 - I'm best when I'm hot and juicy.
- Clue #3 - They love my sausage.
The answer: pizza.
Winning the Game
The first player or team to spell out the word "DIRTY" from their cards wins the game. While this might seem easy, trying to guess the answers with the clues is anything but. You also realize who among your friends has a very dirty mind.
Strategies for Winning
Winning comes down to thinking strategically and trying to think outside of the box. You know that the clues are clean, so the answer that pops into your mind is typically going to be wrong. You can also take advantage of the steal. This is like a free guess and can help you to gain cards. A player or team can also choose to "pass" and not guess. This would keep them from losing a card.
Various Editions of Dirty Minds
Since its inception in 1988, Dirty Minds Game has seen various editions. There are three editions of Dirty Minds beyond the original:
- Deluxe Dirty Minds - The 15th anniversary edition includes new categories, an expanded collection of clues and answers as well as a game board, pawns and dice.
- Dirty Minds Ultimate Edition - The ultimate edition is designed for larger groups and has a game board, 8 pawns and dice. The cards are broken into dirty clues, dirty deeds, dirty lies and dirty secrets.
- Dirty Minds Card Game - This is a simplified version of the game with the clues and answers on cards.
Get Your Mind Out of the Gutter
Dirty Minds Game is all about keeping your mind in the gutter so the key to winning is to get your mind out. Thinking clean can work to your advantage in this adult card game that wants you to be naughty.